- The first bullet train was inaugurated in Japan in the year 1964, right before the Tokyo Olympics. It could move upto 320 km per hour.
- A few years before Shinkansen was inaugurated in Japan, Emile Bachelet of New York demonstrated a prototype of what was to become a magnetic levitating car.
- The first commercial magnetic levitating car ran in Birmingham from 1984-95 between the international airport and the international railway station.
- There is an enchanted forest in Shikoku where glowing mushrooms create a fantasy-like ambiance for a short period of time every year.
- These bioluminescence mushrooms emerge during the rainy season in the forests of Japan.
- So next time you go on a hiking trail in the mountains of Shikoku, leave your flashlights dim and you may come face to face with these amazing fungi.
- The firefly squid, also known as ‘hotaru-ika’ by Japanese.
- The firefly squid related to many other squid species in the ocean. But what makes it different to any other ordinary squid is that it lights up in the night.
- The squid has photosphores that emit blue light making it look like a glowing-in-the dark creature at night.