1. Maintain healthy friendships- Supportive friendships are vital in life as they offer a trustworthy shoulder to lean on and lend a helping hand. More so for women, as they tend to deal with stress more often.
2. Find balance and learn to say NO- Women today play many roles at once, and hence it can get overwhelming at times. Learning to balance all the responsibilities with some downtime is important to keep stress at bay.
3. Take care of your body- Exercise and healthy eating can also help reducing the stress levels. Other benefits include greater energy levels, improved overall health, the opportunity to blow off steam, etc.
4. Getting adequate sleep- Getting enough sleep should be a top priority if you are focused on stress management. Getting too little sleep can have adverse effects on both your physical and mental health.
5. Stay in touch with your feelings- More often than not, we are expected to suppress our intuition or true feelings. However, doing so can only aggravate stress in the long run. It's important to address your emotions.
6. Be careful of what you say to yourself- Avoiding negative self-take is imperative in keeping your stress-level in check. Negativity can result in missed opportunities and affect your overall productivity adversely.
8. Make healthy intimate relationships a priority- Finding time and energy for intimacy can also help with reducing stress. It also helps in forging a strong bond with your partner and impact your overall well-being.
9. Avoid unhealthy coping habits- Binge-eating, excessive drinking and smoking are some of the unhealthy ways we try to cope with stress. But, they do more harm than good. Hence, it is important to recognize and avoid.